拳思

討論區

轉貼文章

生活札記

映象

聯絡言晏


轉 貼 文 章

轉貼文章 : 生之道十七: 當今的正言若反

2011-01-23

The paradox of our time in history is that:

George Carlin
1937-2008

當今的正言若反

We have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints.
我們有,更多的高樓,更急的性子。更寬的公路,卻更窄的視野

We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less.
錢用多了, 得到的卻少了;消費多了,能享用的卻少了。

We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time.
居所漸大,家庭卻漸小;更多的方便,卻更少可用的時間。

We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.
學位漸多,常識漸少;強於知識,弱於判斷;專家雖多,問題則更多;多吃藥,卻少健康。

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
酗酒、多煙、狂揮霍,卻少笑容。飛車、易怒、遲睡、懶起、少讀書,迷於電視、卻少禱告。

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
資產倍增,自我價值則下跌。

We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
講得多,愛得少,而恨不完。

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life.
我們學懂怎樣謀生,卻不懂怎樣生活。

We've added years to life not life to years.
我們生命增加的祗是年歲,而非活著的真義。

We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor.
我們往返月亮地球之間,卻懶得走幾步向新鄰舍打招呼。

We conquered outer space but not inner space.
我們征服了外太空,卻怯於走入內心世界。

We've done larger things, but not better things.
我們做更大的事,而不是更好的事。

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul.
空氣清新了,心靈卻玷污了。

We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice.
能爆破原子,而破不了偏執。

We write more, but learn less.
寫得多,懂得少。

We plan more, but accomplish less.
多計劃,少成果。

We've learned to rush, but not to wait.
忙於追趕,不耐等待。

We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
製造更多電腦,輸入更多資信,產生無數複本,溝通卻日漸貧乏。

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.
這時代,餐要快,消化卻遲緩;高大身材,小人德性;汲汲於暴利,人情卻稀薄。

These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes.
家有雙份入息,但更多離異;多華麗的住所,卻更多破碎的家。

It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom.
櫥窗琳瑯滿目,倉庫卻空虛無物。

A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete...
科技帶給你這份郵件,你可以細閱分享,也可以即時刪除……

Remember, spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.
多用時間與你所愛的共聚,他們祗能陪你一程。

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.
要善待那用好奇眼神看著你的小子,很快,他長大了,就會離你而去。

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.
別忘記擁抱你身邊的人,讓他感受你心堛熒R,而你又不用花費分文。

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
說一句:「我愛你!」對你所愛的已能表達無限情意。深情的「一吻一抱」必能修復所有傷痕。

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.
此刻,要緊緊的手牽手,有一天,可能此情不再。

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.
要用時間去愛,去講,去分享你的心事及心意。

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.


更別忘:生命的價值,不在於有多少次呼吸,而是,有多少次令你透不過氣來的驚喜。



言晏太極談

 

Copyright. All Rights Reserved.